that's a good story stan but up north here the version we know tells the intent of the 2 men being to open some water for some late ducks/geese. The dog was along cause, well it was his job to retrieve if all went as planned.

I think it's total bull, cause I don't remember doing it & I'm the only one I know that's crazy enough to try that & with poor enough luck for it to end that badly.

grin

Here are some pictures of the new ice fishing house.

size is 8' x 16' with 8' walls. Floor is insulated, plywood bottom, 1 1/2" foam, plywood top.

Walls framed with 2x2 24" on center. sheeted on interior with 1/4" plywood, exterior sprayed with expanding 2 component urethane foam. Windows are simple "barn sash" single pane non operating, there are 2 wall vents for regulating heat & allowing fresh air. Door is a used insulated steel exterior with a large window.

Floor has 6 fishing doors. doors are 14" by 36" finished size which alows for 2 drilled fishing holes per fishing door opening in floor.

in MN we can fish 2 lines per person during winter fishing. That's how we do it.

So, this house will fish 6 people, 2 lines each. But most of the time it wont fish more than 5 of us at once.

I still have some work to do but here it is

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

for you northern folk that know to ask, heat will be provided by a 20,000 btu LP wall mounted vent free heater, blue flame type with thermostat control.

It will only run high flame for initial warm up, then it will be switching itself from pilot to low flame as it needs.

who wants to go fishin?

The boy is coming up to help put the house out Thursday morning (new years day) his job Wed night will be to keep me relatively sober so I am as fuctional & sharp as I get come house locating day. If all goes as planned the new year will be greeted relatively sober & sensibly grin

Something clever here.