Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I put on some miles today looking for some song dogs. We just have to much fluffy snow for them to be moving. When we get a hard crust they will be out in force. I dropped my deer hide off at the local trapper/fur buyer today in exchange for a pair of gloves. He had about 10 coyotes, a couple fox and a big fat coon that have come in in the last couple days. He was telling me that coyotes are actually worth something again. $20.00 for a big one and $15.00 for smaller ones. He thinks the price will keep rising. Time to invest in some snowshoes and snares I think.

He also has a live coyote as a pet and has a live weasel in a cage. We got to watch it eat a muscrat leg. You would swear the thing is tame. He caught it wild when his weasel trap didn't spring but critter was still there eating the bait. It played tug o war with him when he tried removing the bait so he took it home. Its really pretty neat.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...