Originally Posted by Colorado1135

a little off topic, but does anyone know a ball park price for concrete by the yard?
I'm putting together a proposal and need a general idea.
100-150? something like that I'm guessing? I know there are "extras" that can be added, I'm not worried about that. just need a baseline.

Ryan, you can call me if you'd like and I can help you get the mix that will best suit you, but you're on the right track.

You're on the right track. $110-120/cu. yd is about right with air-entrainment which I recommend if you're building dams because of the freeze/thaw they'll potentially face.

IIRC, Brettaman got the stuff for like 9 cents a yard when he did his driveway. (not really but it was close to that) Obviously, the more you order, the less it will be. If you order a small load say 1-5 yards, you'll get charged more. If you're ordering 100 yards in a day, you may get a deal of sorts. Figure anywhere from 9-11/truck on a full load. If you have sketchy areas, you may want to get the front wheel assist (4wd) trucks. The front discharge trucks are great and MN seems to be the only place that doesn't use them now. I don't understand why, it's ssssoooooo much easier for the driver and the labors on the front discharge.

This may be one of the cases where you should call around and get some prices too, it's a competitive business and they'll fight for a dollar to get your order.

Camp is where you make it.