Originally Posted by northern_dave
Stan, the next time you manage to pull yourself in front of a computer to check the thread that you sticky'd.... it'll likely be at 16000 views cause i just now took notice that it is damn near there already!!

That's just crazy, what's wrong with you people? Don't you have work to do or something? grin

terrible long read here.

also I am pleased to announce plans of a future adventure.

Last night I locked in a group reservation for the BWCA (boundary waters canoe area)

For those that don't know of it, it's a protected & carefully managed forest area most of which is accessible by canoe only or backpacking, no motors allowed.

It's rugged old time real camping. It's the sort of thing that a kid remembers for the rest of there life, ask me how I know grin

It will be myself & Pam (Mrs. N Dave) and we will be taking our 3 kids as well as our cousin's 3 kids which we proudly refer to as our nieces & nephew.

We will be going over the weekend of the 4th of July, pretty much one year after the time we were holding the funeral for there father. We will be going in to the same lakes & taking the same path that I took with there father into the BWCA when us 2 dad cousins took our boys into BWCA for a camping trip about 4 years ago or so. I hope to stay at the same campsite that we stayed at.

I wanted to be doing something with the kids at that 1 year mark, it marks the single most toughest year in all of our lives without there father. I guess I just kind of figure it will be kind of a tough time & we all could use a little help with the idea that it's ok to continue on & to have fun, enjoy life & enjoy each other�s company. And I guess I'm just absolutely certain where the best place in the world to do that is.

The whole trip is sort of a salute in honor of a friend, a father, a brother that would definitely approve of the whole plan.

That's how it feels anyways, so I'm going with that.

Now I need to find a couple of canoes real fast!! grin

I've been watching craigslist for the Duluth area, found a couple of used aluminum Grumman 17 footers, we'll probably take 3 canoes total, I'll be looking to buy a pair & I'm sure we can borrow a 3rd.

I'll be wishing, hoping and maybe even praying for good weather.

We will take plenty of pictures!

Dave

Damn Dave , and you wonder why this thread has so many views ???

[Linked Image]

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison