That's awesome stuff Dpole, don't stop typing juss cuz ya don't like me grin .

I've been across burntside into crab, corb & cummings lakes a couple of times, found the smallmouth fishing in cummings to be very good, and of course some pretty big northerns.

My past 3 trips have been pretty simple trips up the Snake river to the isabella which dumps into gabro & bald eagle lakes. there is a narrows between the 2 lakes with some drop & a little bit of fast water. I've been told to fish that drop for walleyes & I've tried but with not a whole lot of luck.

actually I've done better for walleye at the mouth of the isabella.

But the main attraction for us in the gabro/bald eagle lakes.... and one other little honey hole.... are the huge northern pike.

Here, I'll show ya what I mean.

this is a bad photo, a still shot taken with kind of an older cam corder maybe about 5 years ago. That's a dried out northern pike skull we found at a campsite, that's my boot next to the fish skull. Someone caught this big bertha & ate her.
[Linked Image]

here's a 43 incher that the boy & I teamed up on in a hand over hand effort from the shoreline. Just a spool of black braided nylon, a bobber, a hook & an old stinky smelt. That was fun, The boy netted her for me. We ate her. (don't flame me, you'd have to be there to understand)
[Linked Image]

here's me & the boy cleaning the fish on the bottom side of a canoe.
[Linked Image]

fillet o fish.
[Linked Image]

here's that one single fish cooking in foil packs over an open fire, that is one meal I'll never forget, fantastic.
[Linked Image]

here's a preview of the campsite we hope to find open when we get there.

[Linked Image]

here's a shot of a portage, we stopped to take a photo of each other with the double packs. My cousin took this picture of me while I was getting one of him.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/doublepacks.jpg[/img]

And I just kind of like this picture so I tossed it in here. This is my cousin & I running through the narrowns I was talking about where the water spills from the one lake into the other. The kids wanted nothing to do with it at the time so they took this picture from shore & watched the 2 stupid dads have some fun.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/gabbrobaldeaglenarrows.jpg[/img]

I am so looking forward to this trip & digging up these old photos have really got me excited.

Dave

Something clever here.