Originally Posted by Berettaman
That brings up a good question Bill. How often do you have to adjust a scope once it has been sighted in correctly? On my slug gun, i have made 2 extremely minor adjustments (1 click each time) in 15 years. On my rifle, I had to make about 12 clicks from the last time I used it in 2008. In the rifle's defense, it bounced around on a horse in a scabbard for 6 long days. What has been your experience boys and gurla's?

BM I check mine every year. The rifles get bounced around pretty good going in and out of camp. My 700 Rem is the most reliable as it wears a B & C synthetic stock. The action is glass bedded and the barrel is free floated. The only time I have to adjust it is if I work up a new load to try or have removed the action from the stock.

The Tikka is new this year so we'll see how well it holds it's zero. It's has a wood stock, but is bedded and floated too.

My Ruger #1 will normally require some minor tuning each year. The #1's have a 2 piece stock and the forearm screw is noted for being touchy.

Field notes: Make it a point to check your scope mounts and action screws annually. If they're loose you're going to have to resight in the rifle after you tighten them. Investing in a torque wrench that works in inch pounds and a set of gunsmithing screwdrivers is a wise thing to do.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.