Dave,

Have you seen the muskies they're pulling out of Island Lake (duluth)? They are getting some pigs out of there. I'm talking 54's, 52's and a ton of 40+. There was an article in the Duluth New Tribune about it a few weeks ago so now I'm sure they are getting every big bait ever made passed over their head 5 times a day. I used to get some decent northerns out of there on occasion but not a 50" muskie thats for sure.

As far as what you should do with this post... I'd leave it until Rick says it's time to shut it down. Some of that may be just selfesh reasons on my part. This is the first post I check every time I log in here. As far as the pictures go, there are a lot more big pictures on the Alaska forum than on this post.

There is a reason there are 20,000 views, people like to talk, write, and share their experiences with others. You are great guy and had a rough time in your life and shared it with us. That alone took a lot of guts and people on this site are usually genuine and want to help someone. Espically someone they like, and you probably are one of the more liked guys on this site. This forum shows that I think.

This is no fault of yours. All you did is post about something you were passionate about and it blew up. Just roll with it until it lands in the creek.

People just like a good deer camp stroy, and you brother have a good deer camp story. It includes everything in it. At least it involves all the aspects that I enjoy in hunting.

Deer camp is a place to live, love, cry, laugh, reflect on lost loved ones and partners. Deer camp is a place to get away from everyday life for awhile, even in the summer, even if it is just for a few hours while we're having a bad day or week.

Deer camp is where we see our first Playboy, have our first beer with a special Uncle or an understanding Dad. Shoot our first .22 and .410 shells at cans and chipmunks. It is the place we teach our kids the real meaning of life and how to let them figure life out for themselves. It is where you learn how to cut wood, start a fire, build a shed and ride a 4 wheeler all by yourself.

Deer camp is were you learn the survival tools to stay in the woods for a night. How to stay warm, how to make shelter, how to cook hotdogs on a stick sharpened with your first knife.

Deer camp is where I go to see friends to I only see once a year. Not where I go to shoot a deer, if I do it is a bonus. I can shoot a deer in my yard if I really want a deer.

I hope this post grows more, and I think it will. If Rick says pull the plug... well it's his site and if it was a true tax on the site he probably would have done that already.

Don't feel bad about anything Dave, we all like it or it would not be what it is.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.