I did a lot of tree stand work this weekend. Started off saturday helping my dad with stuff around the yard he can't do because of his arm and shoulder.

I headed to a spot I haven't hunted in 10 years. It's some state land north of Duluth about 20 miles. My plan is to hunt there durring the first week of the season, unless I need to work, which of course takes priority.

Let me tell you once I found my way back to the stands that I built 12 years ago, it looks like one hell of a spot. Trails everywhere. We call it the "pecker stand," beause when it was first built, one of the guys sitting in it, shot a wood pecker that was bothering him....he didn't get invited back by the rest of the crew. I didn't think it was that bad.

It is now quite nasty to get back to one of them. Got some shooting lanes cut, and cleaned up a decrepet old 10 year old lawn chair, cut some pine boughs. I need to do some more work on that stand. I'm going to add a shooting rail and possibly a roof of some sort. I'll take some pictures next week when I'm there.

The other stand is the "fort." Named because it looks like a fort. The sides are in rough shape on the fort. I ripped them off climbing into and nearly fell to the ground. Nice stand in a cedar swamp that looks a lot like the area the ground blind is in at Chickenbuck.

Camp is where you make it.