Took the daughter out rooster hunting and as luck would have it, on my favorite willow-lined ditch, the rooster came out the wrong side and I had to shoot it. I had just told her she gets the east side because 98% of the birds go that way. I jinxed it. She did get a shot later, but missed.

Then we shot the slug guns. She shot at 50 and was on either side of the bullseye then at 100, she touched the bullseye. She was super excited and I said put that thing away! You are ready. Confidence is high, which is a great way to end a shooting session.

On the way there, I saw a huge buck at 230 in the afternoon. Huge body, at least 10 points. Hey Gophergunner, I saw him on one of the spots I told you about! He was on a Waterfowl Production Area open to public hunting.

Speaking of football, we went to the Alexandria playoff game and what a game it was! Played Moorhead and we were without our best RB for most of the game. We also have a stud QB and it went into double overtime before we finally pulled out a really wild game 37-30 (which is a low score for this team). Next game is Friday night at St. Johns Univ against Sartell. If we get that RB back, we will be tough to beat. Man, I didnt really plan to go to a football game on Friday night before deer hunting......but good high school football is fun to watch!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.