I had a bit of a messed up weekend as far as my own hunting goes.

I set myself up towards the north end of my land, I'm real close to my property line but I am set up on my land & I'm in a tree facing my own land (my back to the adjoining property).

Well, aparently I have upset someone that hunts my neiboring property because I have a guy harrassing me, I'm in my stand Sat night & this dude comes crashing through the brush behind me on the neighboring property & starts setting up a stand less than 50 yds from me barely off my north line in a big jackpine. he takes 2 hours to set up a stand that I would have had up in 10 minutes... obviously dragging the job out to mess with me, very loud, clanking & banging, to & from the spot over & over... he finally gets up in the tree, he see's me, he's looking at me as he sets up.

He set his stand up so he's facing me, looking right at my back with a loaded rifle laying across his lap.

I'm thinking to myself, how & the hell do I handle this now?

he's in the south west corner of adjoining property, I own to the west of were he sits & to the south. the way he is sitting & the location he is sitting the only thing he can see is my land... he's stairing straight into a corner as far as the property lines go (which are clearly marked, he's well aware.)

so I stand up, turn around & face him, I yell over at him "hey neighbor..." he answers "yeah?" I ask him "which way are you shooting?" he answers "ummm, i guess north & east?" to which I quickly reply "oh, so you're left handed then.."

He answers "umm, no. It's just the only way the tree would let me set up.." I answered "huh, wierd!!"

turned around, sat down & tried to ignore him.

I wasn't going to let this ass bully me off my own land, I couldn't believe that someone would sacrifice there hunting time doing this, he obviously couldn't hunt like this, he couldn't see anything except my back & my property... I couldn't believe that he had actually sacrificed his hunt time which only comes around once a year, just to screw with me.

well he didn't sit till dark, he got down & walked back to the north east... I could hear him milling around to the north east of me about 1/8 mile away so just as it was getting to the last minute of legal shooting & I had seen nothing & could hear nothing coming in I shot one into the ground out in front of me on my own land just to make him think I got one anyways even after all his work.

The next day when I went to that stand he wasn't there (of course I like to get out there early) it was well within good shooting light hours when my daughter shot the doe pictured above & I got down to help her.

later that morning I returned to my stand & I am told by my nephew & my wife that they could hear him in that stand he put up to mess with me while I was gone. He wasn't there when I returned.

At around 9AM a decent doe came in for me, I took a shot at her & my shot was deflected by a stout jackpine branch that was between her & I.

damn it huh?

I broke the stick off after discovering what had went wrong... it has a nice 30 cal notch cut through the bottom side of it. I took it back to the shack & drilled a bunch of holes in one end & stuck some large feathers in it & we have it leaning in the corner, it is our new "shame stick" to be used when someone misses a deer, as in "shame on you".

shame on me this time.

it's only half time though folks, one more week to go in our rifle season.

Dave

Something clever here.