Sorry, been busy, but to answer the question, we got about 8-10" in the big storm and 2-4 this last weekend just after some rain.

I got myself out of the doghouse with a late night run up to Target to buy the Sound Of Music for my daughter (the wife was already in her PJs). For sure it was worth it. I just love December rooster hunts in the snow!

Did they change the spearing rule so you could have the sucker on a hook now? I thought they did that. I used to spear a lot, but havent for years. You always want to throw the spear straight down due to the refraction of the water. The fish is not where he looks like he is at when there is an angle. Sometimes they come in so fast it is a blur and your sucker is gone and you dont even twitch a finger. Other times they glide in and stop in the middle of the hole. other times they sit out about 4 feet and watch. It was always fun watching other fish as well. It will scare the heck out of you when a muskrat comes up into your hole. Or I have heard of beavers doing that too. On really cold days, it is possible for the ice to crack....right through your hole. There is a certain pucker factor associated with that. Oh, and the first date I ever had with my wife? Spearing!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.