Somehow the $3500 for a drilled well is more appealing now...

The story of our cabin is a 12 x 24 structure that they built in one weekend. It had eight bunks in the end (double bed bunks) with the kitchen table as overflow sleeping. I assume they had 8 guys building it and it is a simple structure, but it probably took every waking moment to get it done. I suspect that generation of men didn't know anything but hard work and it was just a little sweat for hunting passion. Of course some of the finish work was asphalt roll roofing on top and a similar product with brick pattern for the outside so this was "built for speed".
Only one old guy is left and he was a son of the founder. Every one who contributed to the building owned a voting share and there were club rules that still hold today even if it is only my brother and myself out there.
I recently had breakfast with the last founder and he told me why we shut the propane off for the stove and lights at night (kereosene stove heat if you wonder). We always thought it was for safety or concern about the old copper lines leaking. The real reason was decades ago my grandfather got up to take a leak late at night after a drinking night and he turned on the propane lamp and forgot to light it! Someone woke up to the stink and aired the place out before anyone got sick and that spawned the "no propane at night" rule that still stands today. We don't trust the 50 year old aooliance at times...

Enough high jacking the thread. This just brought back memories. Dave, please leave the cabin a little rustic so people will keep it in the perspective of "hunting shack"!

Humdinger

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?