Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Those brushless battery powered tools are the bomb. More work with less battery. Newer technology. Lots of power with the Lithium batteries, but the devil is in the details. You really have to read carefully what you're getting. YOU MUST READ THE POWER RATING! The tools that come in the packaged set-ups are often half the power output of the stand alone tools. Dewalt is famous for it. I am slowly replacing my Rigid stuff from HD with Milwaukee, but watching the power output rating on each tool. Most of the more powerful tools are only $20 more or so. Buyer beware.

Got a turkey bird last weekend. Snow still in the woods, but the birds were talking - well, except one of them. 3.5" of #4 Winchester Longbeards thru a Winchester Longbeard choke delivered the goods at 45 yards. 10.5" beard, 1.25" spurs. Breaded and deep fried some nuggets and bacon wrapped jalepenos with the rest. Very good. So was the perch, walleye, and venison backstraps. No vegetables on this trip - 'cept for the potato chips. Trout fishing was a bust. Water was too high and too cold. How do I know this? An early May swim told me so. Water over the hippers. The boys still haven't dropped.

That's a good one there! Congrats

Camp is where you make it.