So it took me about 5 hours to get through this whole thread. Amazing how a story about a patch of woods became a place we can all identify with somehow, your camp story turned into a bunch of first deer stories, a coming of age story not just for the "boy" but the whole family, plus family photo albums and daily updates. Seems your stories have really struck a nerve with a lot of us.
As a gypsy by occupation for several years (wildlife biologist), and growing up in a non hunting family, I've never had one place to call my own. But I've been part of many "camps", seen many firsts taken(plus my own of course), been a brief part of many interesting piece-of-woods-turned-deer-camps, but rarely had the chance to return to one.
I'm not even sure what else I can add that hasn't already been said. I would have loved to have had something like that when I was a kid, and I hope to be able to provide something like that for whatever offspring/nephews/godchildren/friend's kids, etcetera.
Your family life, and love for all things outdoorsy is an inspiration to many of us.
Thanks.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter