Well, we're 4 days away from deer hunting! Minnesota's Early Antlerless season opens this Thursday morning down in Southeastern Minnesota. JustOneGunner and myself will be making an assault on the deer herd down there. Unfortunately, we haven't had a chance to scout, so Thursday will be "recon while hunting". Maybe the Red Gods will smile on us and bring a couple baldies in front of our 870's. I was going to buy at least one extra tag, but decided to hold off, being we didn't get a chance to go down and scout.

Oh yeah, it's started all ready-waking up in the middle of the night, wondering where I put my compass, did I ever find the cup for that Thermos bottle? Where's my danged drag rope?

On the way to work, I find my eyes searching the woods lines more intently for that flicker of movement, that flash of white bone as that little 6 point I've been eyeballing all spring slips back into the cornfield. My world is changing before my very eyes, as the geese move in ever larger flocks, the squirrels prepare for the onset of cold weather. I'm noticing the buck rubs right out along the road now too.

The eye of the hunter doesn't miss these things. Good times and great memories can't be far behind.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla