Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
It is difficult for me as a Southerner to visualize the cold weather and it's associated happenings and precautions which you guys take for normal"way up North".
Garage door freezing to the floor,warm clothes and food and other supplies stocked in the car?Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.It would be nice to visit for me but I couldn't live there.I like warmth too damn much.It's a wonder that you are as nice a bunch as you are having to wrestle with such.

Stan in warm South Carolina

-28 here yesterday morning in NE MN. I went fishing. My favorite time of the year. No bugs. Its all a matter of what you're used to. You just gotta have the right gear. Of course, I can't stand it if it gets over 70 degrees or so. I remember how confused I was during my first trip to California many years ago. It was in late december, and I was peeved because they had the motel pool closed and covered for "the season." I rented a car and took a trip up the coast. I saw only a couple of folks on all the beaches in N California. They were all bundled up in winter coats and hats, digging for clams or something. It was 65 degrees for crying out loud. I was in t-shirt and jeans and was kinda thinking of going swimming. But there is stuff out there that can eat ya, ya know. And Stan, we're all not that nice, and I can prove it. smile

I found a perfect eight-point rack shed- both sides last thursday. They were laying next to each other in my driveway. That's a new one on me. And it seems a bit early for sheds?

There are many copies.