I forgot to update you guys.

My dad got home from the hospital yesterday after his surgery on Friday. It was supposed to be an out patient deal but the surgery didn't go very well. The shoulder part went fine. They repaired his rotator cuff and got rid of some bone spurs.

They had trouble with the bicep. When the doc tried to attach it to the bone, it snapped again. Doc came out and asked my step-mom what she wanted him to do. They could leave it or try one more time. Trying one more time was risky, and he'd only done it twice before.

Karen (step-mom) said he wants that movement, so try again. The doc argued against it though. He paints cars, and needs that movement the bicep gives you so she made him do it.

The second try worked for now but he can't use that arm at all for 4 weeks. There is a wedge between his ribs holding his arm at a 90* angle from his body. It can't move or that muscle will snap again. Every week the doc will lower the wedge a bit for 4 weeks. Then it will be wrapped up for 4-6 more weeks, and he'll have PT. He's still pretty dopped up, so he can't really tell me much.

Camp is where you make it.