ND, permission to come back aboard? I've been MIA for a while. Our younger son and his wife announced that they are expecting their second son in Aug8st, then promptly bought a larger house. I guess you know where I spent the last few weeks!

Nice pics of the mud bog contest. That shiny Ford was lookin' right nice by the last picture! LOL There's something about a muddy 4WD that just seems right.

BTW, I'm truly jealous about that Ruger LSS. I tried to entice a few to follow me home in the last year or so but the wife chased them off before I could get the gun safe locked! But I fooled her. I had an older MKII in 30-06 in the back of the gun safe that really needed some TLC so I sent it out for a re-barrel. 'Course everyone has an '06, right? Too common. It is due back shortly as a .280 Ackley Improved, at which point it will be mated to a new stock made from a pretty little walnut blank I scooped up on the 'net. As my grandpa used to say, "There's some shenanigans goin' on around here!" As I told my wife, it's not "new", just "repaired". Well, maybe "repaired/updated/enhanced/upfitted/etc". Cabin fever can make a man do some crazy things. <grin>

Time to head to the cabin. Was up last week and the sun was shining, the shadbush were blooming, the turkeys were gobbling and the fish were biting. Life is good! Pan-fried perch fillets are better!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.