Originally Posted by Berettaman
Dunno if any of you like to read books, but I am reading a fantastic book right now. For some reason, this book has really gripped me. Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell is the true story of Operation Red Wing, a Navy Seal mission in Afghanistan. I remember hearing about it on the news, but didn't realize what really happened. I am not finished with it yet, but already it has filled me with .... I dont know if there is an emotion that describes it. A mixture of respect, admiration, sorrow, patriotism, awestruck, thankfulness...I just dont know. For the specific people involved...wow.... Thank you. For the thousands of people in the military they represent...Thank you.

I think I will put this up on the general forum too.

Bman I have read that book and I agree with everything you said it is a great read and Mr. Lattrel is a great person to boot. I have total respect for all our Vets but SEALS are plain crazy tough. If any hasnt one read this book please do so its hard to put down once you start . There is a sound clip out there of Marcus chaseing some fools that shot his Lab that he was given while recovering . Google it. Its a good thing the law showed up when they did smile . He's also on Wild and Raw on the Outdoor channel.

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"