Originally Posted by RaystownRon
Rooster7, sorry to hear that you are in the middle of the flooding up there. frown I saw video on the evening news today and it brought back memories of the 1972 flood here in PA.

I was worried that some of the Camp Chickenbuck clan might be affected by today's flooding. Unfortunately, it seems to be so.

Thoughts and prayers from PA to all affected in any way. Be smart and stay safe! Everything else can be replaced except your life!

Ron

Ray,
Thanks for the kind words but I must clarify. I live in the country 25 miles east of the Red in Mn so all I am really dealing with is flooded/washed out roads and practically impossible drives to work. The folks in Fargo/Moorhead, the communites along the Red River and the ones that are experiencing overland flooding are the ones that are really dealing with it. I'm debating weather I should skip work tomorrow and go and help people but listening to the radio, many volunteers are calling in frustrated because they get brought to a "need" site by bus and end up standing around for hours because they got dropped off at a site that no longer needed people etc. If I go, I want to work. Not stand around. If I'm going to do nothing, I might as well monitor my own water situation at home.

I must give a big shout out to "The Boy" (Capt Bangflop) though. From what I understand, he has been up there heaving sandbags for the last couple days. Way to go Justin. I'm proud of you!

Last edited by Rooster7; 03/26/09.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...