Originally Posted by gophergunner

Tom-is that up by Duluth or in Sisconnie?

That's in WI. There's actually a deer in that pic. See if you can find it.

That is an older cut that so thick you can barely walk through on the one side. It's a mix of Red Pine, scrubby Oaks, and Popple. I'd say 10-15 years old. If you follow the tall red pines to the top of the pic, there is a bit of snow you can see on the logging road. That's about 225 yards. But from in the tree, a perfect shot.

It's kinda hard to tell the terrain from the pic but the big pines are on a ridge that drops down into the cut, pretty quickly. Most of the land in that area for about 10 square miles is like that. Red Pine ridges down into thick, cuts. They still actively cut in there. So as long as the county keep cutting, we'll keep hunting it.

Jack has a blind about 100 yds into that cut we call "The Hole". We built a brush blind out of pine boughs. There is an opening that I'm assuming was the log landing at one point. It's the only open spot in there. We see TONS of deer from that spot but it's really tight and hard to get on one. Over the last 5 years we have 1000's of trail cam pics, multiple 100's of bucks. It's a really cool spot. We just haven't shot a deer from there.

It's a bedding area. Probably about a 40 acre one. The buck I shot this past season was about 400 yards to the south of that stand. I have a spot set up for a north and a south wind. The ladder is set up for a south wind. But realistically, the deer come from every direction there. I'll see if I can dig up a few pics when I get a few min.

Camp is where you make it.