I am just going to rant a little because, well, this is off the beaten path and won't be seen by anyone at work.

I am an RN at Abbott Northwetern in Mpls. Allina nurses have been on strike for almost 4 weeks. I resigned from the union a while ago (before the strike crap) due to how they treated some co-workers that I respect and am friends with.

1. If you make between 40-50 bucks an hour, you are not an underpaid slave, and shouldn't be asking for handouts if you walk off your job and willingly stop having income.

2. If you want to dance around in streets and block traffic during rush hour, you are not going to be looked upon as professionals, and the people back at your hospital working are going to thin you are immature idiots and BLM wannabes.

3. If you really cared about the patients, you would be inside the hospital taking care of them, not outside hoping like ghouls that the replacement nurses screw up and someone gets hurt so your bargaining position is strengthened.

4. EVERYONE is replacable.

5. I would trade a few of the replacements for a few of my regular co-workers in a heartbeat. Half a heartbeat.

6. Your employer that pays you double-time on your birthday if you work, and triple time for Christmas and New Year's doesn't actually hate you.

7. The "crappy" core insurance plans have saved me over 10k dollars in premiums since I left the special snowflake nurse plans that are only good if you are a high-use health care consumer.

That is all.