I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

We were at da shack thinking about looking for turkeys but I had a few other things on my mind.

The weather didn't really want to cooperate with us either so, I decided to play camp chef for the long weekend.

Friday.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Don't you boys worry. We damaged that 5# can of beans so bad that we needed another for Saturday night. We also had mustard potato salad from a deli for a side.

Saturday.
[Linked Image]

Smoked on a 6hr cycle with a little free help from Tag Alder smoke. smile

Early in the morning I peeled the "skin" off the back side. Lightly coated in oil, mixed up my own rub mix with seasoning salt, onion powder, a tiny bit of Cyan, and plenty of brown sugar. Then I wrapped them in plastic wrap for 5 hours until it was time to fire up the smoker. I was hoping I wouldn't have to babysit the grill but with steady rain, keeping an even temp was a bit difficult. I eneded up having to sit there most of the time and play with the coals/air/smoke most of the day. No worries. The boys kept me hydrated. More beans and potato salad for sides.

Easter Sunday Dinner.
[Linked Image]

The star of the show was yesterday afternoon. A glazed ham on the grill. Jumpin' Jack Flash this summbitch was good. There was a sweet glaze on the ham already. I put some grape juice in the pan to keep it moist while on the grill. Covered the whole she-bang in tinfoil and let er rip. 350* was the plan. But again, the wind kept things sporty and it got hotter than I'd like. So it had to be babysat again to keep things from drying out. I put together a cheesy potato/sourcream hash brown dish to serve up on the side of this one. I don't have pics of that but it was dang good as well. Kennedy, my daughter made up the recipe for those and she nailed it!

We ate like Kings. It was a great weekend.

Camp is where you make it.