Originally Posted by Uncle_Dusty
Hey Tom, this is the kind of snow removal equipment you need to buy when you get to be my age. grin grin

[Linked Image]

NICE! I have the same setup on a Cub Cadet 2186. Weights for the back are a must. Even with chains you tend to get stuck if you're not careful. I.e. backing up and getting out of the path you just blew. The suitcase weights are expensive so I had a guy at work build me a weight box out of 1/4 steel and 3/4" bar that slides into the rear frame channels. Inside that I put several 12" x 12" x 1/4" Steel plates. I throw a car battery on top of that. With that setup, I have never got stuck.

The only problem I have now is that I bought a Universal cab for the tractor and the brackets for the cab are in front of the frame channels so I can't slide the weight box in. I'm going to have to somehow make some brackets that will attach to the box so I can have best of both worlds! I HATE snow in my beer!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...