To those asking, yes I killed a ruff grouse with a beer bottle.

I use blue moon pumpkin ale, brown bottle, empty, underhand swing to the side/rear of grouse head.

You should get a nice "clink!" noise if you do it right followed by the ruff grouse flap of death.

I put my eyes on zero deer so far, as have most in our group.

Runs with scissors (Nate) flopped a doe on the evening of opening day at about 4:50. I would guess the shot to be about 100 yds through pretty heavy cover straight behind the ladder stand he was in near a new logging cut. Had to stand up and turn around to shoot.

High shoulder shot, she went straight down & stayed down. 30-06

Bang flop (Justin) had a couple deer chase through a narrow shooting opening off his left shoulder as he sat in a hang on stand he had just set up. First one blew through the opening & he didn't have time to react. But he heard another deer coming (the buck) He took aim on the narrow opening and as soon as he saw movement he swung to stay with it & cracked one off. Neck shot 300 win mag. Rolled the 8 pointer.

It was a good opening week, like I said a sinus type cold has threw me a curve ball so far. But I feel like I could be coming out of it now.

We got some exterior trim up on the cabin, built a wood box for inside the cabin and built a new counter top in the kitchen.

I did some stand work on Pams stand yesterday, I still have faith in that spot.

There is a fresh rub by the ladder stand Pam used to wammy a spike buck last year.

I may roll into town and look at insulated muck style boots as that stand is on an island in the swamp, very hard to get to and stay dry.

oh, almost forgot to mention Weezy pert near rolled my 77 ford the other day out on a forest road.

She pulled way over for an aproaching truck that figured he needed the entire road and she wacked it into the swamp really bad.

In my sickest hour during opening week I along with justin, my dad and the other boys went to retrieve the "stuck" truck.

It was on its side so hard that all the fuel in the tanks was unreachable by the fuel pickup tubes, so we couldn't get it running. We drug it out backwards with my tractor and Justin's truck hooked together.

I know I still need to pull the front hubs & wheel bearings on that truck because it sat in deeeeeep water for over an hour.

I'm still not quite over that eppisode yet.

I told her today when she insisted on driving my old truck again... Basically I said , (with marine drill instructor language) that if she goofed up again, even a little bit, I am going to go crazy. Not just normal crazy either, we're talkin 5 o'clock news crazy. As in "what made that guy snap?"

crazy

Something clever here.