I was going to guess 20# but did not want to embarass myself. It is a good looking fish too. Nice color, good markings, nice white belly.

20 pounds is a lot of fish. Durring a walleye tourney this spring I caught a 45 1/2" Musky that weighed a hair under 20# and that was a big fish. If the season was open I probably would have kept the fish for several reasons. The main one being it was my biggest fish ever, but it was good company, good times and tough fishing. Just one of those days, ya know.

Deer are starting to move around here now. The horns are starting to show their size and even a little mass now. I don't think that I'm going to bow hunt this year so I'll be spending a lot of time in the MN camp. The funds this year just don't allow for all the hunting.

I was going to skip MN this year, but when I thought about it I just couldn't do. And with the start of the season on the 8th, "just when I want to leave,they just keep suckin' me back in". That week is the best to hunt deer in my experience, it seems bucks are around every corner. The last time it started that late I saw 3 bucks and one doe by 9AM on Sunday. It was a good weekend.

I also don't know how many more years I'll be able to hunt on that land up there, the guy who owns it has had some trouble with his heart and some trouble with cancer this year. It doesn't sound good but things are so far. It would be tough to start over after 20 years, espically since my dad hasn't hunted since I was 15. I would have to start over somewhere. Deer hunting in Northern MN is in my blood though and won't leave without a fight.

My wife travels a ton with her new job and she has been altering her plans so I could hunt for nine years, so I may have to back off a little bit now. That is OK though because she doesn't say anything when I do go hunting and fishing. That is great because I fish A LOT from late March until late Sept. or early Oct. then hunting starts. It helps that the kids show interest now and want to go. It makes it a little eaiser on her.

Man Dave, the more I talk about deer hunting, the more I get fired up. It's going to be a long 4 months smile

Camp is where you make it.