I've been looking for a range finder and I posted this in the bowhunting thread but thought I would share it with my friends here also. Cabela's has a heck of a deal going on right now that I took advantage of since I was at one today.

"Welp, I pulled the trigger. Since I was was working in a town with a Cabelas, I searched their website last night in my hotel room. They had a combo pack on sale. By combo pack, I mean Bushnell 1000 ARC Rangefinder, 10x42 binos and a field processing kit that includes a skinning knife, a gutting knife with gut hook and a bone saw for $249!

The binos are ok. (nothing close to Nikon) The knives seem very sharp and come in a pretty cool belt attached pouch that carries them all.

BUT this rangefinder seems like the sh*t! It has standard mode. Bow ARC and Rifle Arc modes. What really makes my socks go up and down is that it has the ballistic technology built in with the Rifle ARC.

By that I mean, you look at a ballistics chart for the caliber you're shooting, make and grain of bullet and set the rangefinder from a pre-programmed list. Once this is done, it will calculate degrees of angle and tell you how high to hold on a game animal. I do plan on doing another antelope hunt and hopefully elk someday so I decided I would get one that does it all.

I'm tickled pink and hope I get to use that skinner on a MN wolf this year, since I got drawn for a tag! WOOO"

You guys are a bunch of rifle nuts so I thought this would interest you!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...