Golly gee whiz, I thought everyone knew that both 270s and ought sixes were no good fer nothin'!

Here is my best honest answer: Both are fantastic calibers for everything up through a whitetail...nothing is better IMO (although there are a lot of other calibers equally as good). Both will work very well for everything up through a moose if you are smart about bullet weight and selection and do not attempt less than ideal shots (nor should you with other calibers either). I think the biggest key with those 2 calibers on the larger game end of the spectrum (elk, moose) is buy a good quality boolit like a TSX or equivalent. Also, know your ballistic charts both in terms of drop but also in energy. A 270 shooting a 150 grain bullet may not have the ooomph (that is a technical term there..."ooomph") out at long ranges (400 yards +) for some of the larger game. There are a gazillion (that is an accounting term there...."gazillion") bullet style/weight/manufacturer options out there for those calibers.

Good luck and I for one would love to see pictures of the new purchase!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.