I am a little late to the post-fishing opener party...

I was not smart enough to stay in the cabin. The rest of our opener crew also scraped the frost off their locators and boat seats as well.

I have to say Saturday was the most miserable day I have ever spent in a boat. It was 26 degrees both Saturday and Sunday mornings and Saturday's wind was flat brutal.

I have fished the same lake on opener since 1962 and this was the first year I have not caught a walleye. It was a crawler bite this year and I was pitching a jig and shiner on purpose.

The lake has a pretty good snot rocket population and I love fishing for them. They were even a bit tentative but still were eager to munch shiners. As a result, my daughter and I went through 3 dozen shiners opening morning catching a LOT of pike.

The others caught walleyes and a ton of pike. Saturday night we invite our family members to the cabin for a fish fry. This has been a tradition for decades and we had more than enough fillets to feed everyone.

It was a great opener despite the wind and cold.....

Dave, the blueberries were in full bloom when we got hit by the frost three nights in a row. Needless to say, the white blossoms turned brown in a hurry. It is going to be a slim crop this summer....