Sorry to hear about your dog, Tom. Congrats to everyone who was successful. We hit the woods Friday about noon to scout and hang stands. Lo and behold, our entire hunting area had been leased or sold, posted and entirely fenced in! We decided to hunt what was left outside the fence. Saturday's spot didn't work out. There was one good crossing, which I inteded to set JustOneGunner up on, and sure enough, someone else was hunting out of a permanent stand there. We hunted some other fringe spots outside the fence the rest of the day, and Sunday morning. I caught a buck sneaking across the trail I was watching, but it got in heavy brush before I could do anything. The third spot I put the scope on looked clear, so when he stepped into I shot. I thought I scored a hit but wasn't sure. It took me 20 minutes to find the blood, and we never got him. We worked a very sparce blood trail for over an hour, covering just about 200 yards and then lost the trail. Despite our best efforts, I'm afraid he became wolf chow. Very frustrating. 'Hate to lose such a beautiful animal as a whitetail. Kind of puts a dampner on the season. The old 99 did it's job, but I apparently didn't do mine.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla