Almost embarrassed to say it but I have been passing on some deer and killed three others. My wife surprised me in how much she like to follow the blood to the deer. She was a little shocked though at how fast the first one I shot hit the deck. I am just waiting on a nice yearling doe to make a mistake and I'll use my last tag on her. I don't think the wife will want to shoot one herself yet, but if I promise her she gets to go find it after I shoot I am pretty sure she'll be up for that again next year.

After this year's work I should be a lot better off in the neighborhood. I am not seeing but two 2015 fawns and both are really tiny. One still has spots. I think the doe I killed that was bigger than the six point might have been their mama. There's still way too many deer close enough to be sucked into the vacuum left by what I have killed, but I am hoping that they won't move in as replacements. So far it's way better than last year when I'd have 8-10 deer in my yard in the evening.

A couple more got smacked on 61 this past week too, so that helps.

Seven deer in two years (so far) hunting on 3 acres out of a neighborhood of about half a section should be making a dent in the population when added to the sixteen I know of hit on the roads bordering it. If I can't control the numbers working at it like this my long dead father will come back and haunt my ass until I get properly motivated. There's still too many, but I have removed six does and one buck, so there should be little to no growth in numbers come June.