I took a shot at a doe a couple of years ago with one of those guys sitting bihind me stairing at my back. I'm on my property and I'm looking into my property, they are on their land looking into my property as well.

Gosh it was a well placed shot at a nice doe that was meandering through browsing as she went. One of those shots that you know is good after you pull the trigger. Well the shot went low right behind her shoulder (I speculate) I shaved white hair but there wasn't a speck of blood or flesh, not even hide. (which is good)

I hit a jackpine limb between me and the deer with my bullet. I carved a 30 caliber notch out of that dried springy jackpine branch. Dammit anyways! Well I broke that branch off the tree and brought it back to the shack. We stuck some feathers in one end and set the stick in the corner. That is our "shame stick". So now when ever someone takes a shot at a deer but misses they get "shamed" with the shame stick.

Shaming process looks like this right Tom?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tom is looking at his camera, trying to pretend the shaming isn't happening... oh but it happened, he done been shamed! grin

Something clever here.