Originally Posted by northern_dave
We are about a week out from our blast off for elk camp, and I'm honestly not ready for any of this nonsense. Lol!

I think being a new business owner is going to pull some of the "care free" out if my fall schedule.

We went out to the cabin yesterday to grab hunting gear needed for our elk hunt. Rainy cool day, but the fall colors are pretty. Popple and birch leaves very yellow, red maple leaves, fuzzy tamaracks are just hinting at a lime color, soon to be yellow as well. New tires going on the 09 half ton ford this week, going to try cooper at3. Going up one inch over stock diameter as well, tires will be a hair over 33". Also the ups man should be bringing me a front mounted receiver hitch for the truck and a receiver style winch plate, a 9500 lb elect winch and a weld on receiver stub which will go on my car trailer. This way I will be able to move the winch to the front or back of my truck or mount it on my trailer for pulling cars and trucks onto the trailer.

No pics? frown

I assume yuze guyz been working out those quad muscles for humping da wapati out of the mountains. Last time I did it I tipped over - too much weight on the pack...2 full hinds. Reloaded or I should say off-loaded one and still this flatlander nearly had a grabber going up the mountain. I'm sure the young man will be a good sherpa - tip him well!

I bought the AT3s a couple months ago. I notice a bit more road hum, but nothing the radio can't drown out. Easily better traction off-road than the POS Uniroyals I had on before. The side walls of those separated from the belts all the way around the rims of all 4 tires. They looked like they had a doughnut shaped tumor. No love from Uniroyal either.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin