I went up Monday with a friend of mine. We got set-up & were fishing by about 8:45. Let me tell ya. It isn't easy setting up a 6'x12' pop-out portable in high winds.

Anyway, for the first few hours it was as good as fishing gets. Reeling a fish up on one line while standing on the other rod so that one didn't go down the hole. I wish that we would have been there an hour earlier

Lots of 13"-14" saugers with a few larger wallys mixed in. We threw back many keepers in hopes that the catching would continue. It began to slow down about 10:30 I guess & was slow as heck by noon.

We were marking some fish after that but they weren't interested in biting. We prolly caught 6 more from 1:00-3:30 when we packed up with 14 in the pail. Overall it was a good day of fishing & I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to get up there again.

We were at Morris & the ice was about 14" thick. There were a few cars & small vehicles out there & of course the resort trucks with the plows. The must have been letting some 1/2 ton trucks out later in the day.

Zipple is letting trucks out & the igloo is on the ice! The crack seems to be freezing up now at Rocky Point but still white caps by Springsteel.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...