Hunting has been slow over here. Too hot. Went out early goose opener and got a few. Hunted an Amish farm the next day and came home with some smoked horseradish Munster cheese and some home churned butter! Cheese was great! Hunting, not so much.

My boy and I did the youth duck opener. He got 3 woodies and a bonus teal. All 4 were on the grill for lunch that afternoon. His call. Excellent eats.

Wish I had Dave's skills. Same boy is in driver's training with one more week to go. He's been all over the county and then some; driving with his class. I asked him to unhook the trailer yesterday and pull the truck into the driveway. He got most of it right. Except the part where he drives my truck into my wife's car. That would be the same truck that I just got out of the shop a month ago after someone crunched my front end at Walmart. And the same wife's car that's getting a new windshield Weds from a previous rock hit. So glad I changed to a cheaper insurance last week. This is NOT going to be good. As soon as I regain my composure, I will determine how many decades he's grounded for.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin