Great story Stan!!

well, for the first year since i bought that 50 cal encore muzzle loader I will be shooting the slug out of the barrel & putting it away deerless. I've got a deer with that thing every year since I bought it, not this year though. oh well, I'm ready to be done for a little while. It's been every weekend for 6 weeks straight now, time for a rest.

They are reopening deer season for my zone after xmas. I might give that a try.

It was a good weekend, we did our annual xmas picture out there in the woods, we did several different photos, just trying to pick one for xmas cards now.

I shot my new 220 swift on saturday. ruger M77 MKII standard walnut & blued, 24" barrel. I stuck a Burris FFII 3-9 on it & wow, she shoots!! Itty bitty groups! just like I like!!

here's the second group of 3 that I shot with the swift. first group & pulled the first shot a bit, trigger has a little catch in the pull before she trips, I'll take care of that soon. first group measured 3/4" with that shot I pulled. this was my first group after lining the scope with the tube by looking down the barrel at the target & dialing the scope to the tube. I was an inch left & an inch low. Dialed it an inch up & an inch right & spanked this group out onto the paper. then I quit, put it away happy as can be.

3/8" center to center.
[Linked Image]

not bad for an out of the box light/sporter barrel. Once I float, bed & do the triger I'll give it another whirl.

now for x-mas pictures.

help us pick out our xmas picture.

number 1
[Linked Image]

number 2
[Linked Image]

number 3
[Linked Image]

Last edited by northern_dave; 12/14/08.

Something clever here.