Observations from central Minnesota (a few hours south of Chickenbuck), the bucks were not moving like in year's past. The doe I shot was lactating, but had no fawn with her.

It is sooo good to hear that you guys had enough to eat, I was really worried about that! grin

Ryan, great buck and good job turning those guys in. that is what more people should do.

Griz, I am pulling for you this weekend, shoot a big'un, have fun, and of course be safe.

Headed to SD pheasant hunting this weekend with the daughter. She is 8, so might not last all day, but that is fine. We will go at her pace and will have no problem finding birds I am sure.

Tzone, I hope you can drill a deer with the little guy. It is pretty fun watching their excitement. Lauren was even really interested in the field dressing process. Pretty proud that she will grow up being able to take part in that type of stuff without being freaked out.

Still darn proud of fluffy to shoot that woof. And for the official record, I think you are selling yourself a little short saying it was luck. You shot a wolf from the ground. That is impressive. Sure luck may have played a role, but many people would have goofed it up!

Muffy, NICE buck! Whatcha gonna do with the antlers? I hope you are preserving them in some way. Every time you look at them, you will get a warm feeling all over (and hopefully not because you just wet yourself!).

Interesting note: My average sized doe resulted in 36 pounds of deboned, de-fatted meat. Dad's doe fawn resulted in 15 pounds. Really, 15 pounds. Yes, many a jackrabbit joke has flown in his direction!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.