Camp Isabella report.

This is the year the camp wasn't.

Once we left highway 1 heading up the forest road we had to cut about 8 trees out of the road to get to camp. Then we spent a good amount of time shoveling snow to put up the tents. Once tents were up setting them up with gear took the rest of the day and half the next.

Day two, Friday, was spent trying to get stands up. It was a no go, snow took down so many trees we couldn't get to the stand locations. I hunted Saturday in one area I could get to on foot. Got back to camp and found road was blocked again by more trees down. Saturday night snow off trees around camp was falling and trees were threatening to fall on the tents. Camp boss, wife, got up at 0430 when snow/slushballs began hitting the sleeping tent. When I got to the cook tent the decision was made to break camp.

Spoke to the CO/warden Sunday afternoon when he made it to camp to check on us and found he had to cut his way in also. Came home after 4 days in camp.

It is sad to not hunt but conditions were as the wife said depressing.

On a positive note the freezers are still full of deer and elk..

I am enjoying all the success the rest you are having and the pictures are great.

Keep it up and good luck to the Wisconsin hunters.