One thing I learned as a kid exploring was there are fish almost everywhere. It wasn't very often I didn't have a fishing rod taped to the crossbar on my bike. If it had an inlet or a stream going out, I fished it. 1/2 the time there were only creek chubs in them but when you're a little kid it didn't matter much what I caught.

I was at a cabin that my aunt owned at one time near hayward,wi. I was riding my bike all over and saw a little spot over a stream that ran right through town, in the town of Seely. I had my rod and a few hooks in a small bag the hooked under my bike seat. I dug some worms, tied up and started to fish under this little foot bridge. I was hauling up 6-8" rainbows with nearly every cast. I mean, really piling up the fish. It started to get dark so I figured I'd start keeping a few and head back. I kept about 1/2 dozen and got a stick, ran it through the gills and out the mouth to carry em home, jumped on my bike and headed back.

When I got back there was some company there and I was proud as heck to show off my catch. Well when I explained where I caught them and how I did it the dude nearly went into convulsions. I guess it was a "no fishing" area on a class A trout stream, that was fly fishing only, catch and release, in the spots you could fish! Oops! grin

I was 10 or 11 and excited, so probably didn't see any signs if there were any.

So if you guys want to catch a pile of rainbows, I have a good spot. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 01/31/15.

Camp is where you make it.