Ok Rooster,

ya got me pegged. To a "T" in fact.you know damn well I'll be bow hunting. Even shot the bow a couple early this mornign. It's been cool in the mornings and evenings the last few nights here.

I stepped outside to let the dog out and take a leak grin and it couldn't have been much more that 50 out. So what do I do, fire up the old mathews and fire a few from the deck before the kids wake up. laugh Didn't even need the smell of fall.

I shoot the 3 blade Rage Expandables on Easton Axis shafts. The main reason I shoot them is because I could get consistant groups with this set up. For some reason I could not with other heads. If the Rage didn't work, my next move was to go back to aluminum arrows. blush

I went back and forth on the 2 vs 3 blade and choose 3 for no other reason than I like the extra cutting blade. It made a perfect triangle shape through the lungs of the only thing I shot with it.

No problems with them opening in the quiver either. My quiver is a Kwikee with the insert for expandables, so that may have helped. If they did open, I wouldn't want to put them back into place. With the cut on contact tip and razor sharp blades, these babies are bad azz looking thats for sure.

The other problem is they are expensive now. I got them for $28 at Fleet Farm last summer. Now I see they are up to $38. I did get some replacement blades too so I should be set for awhile.

Camp is where you make it.