Dave,

Your not the only one skunked for rifle season. I took a shot at 200 yards with kiddo beside me at a 180 inch 10 point and missed sooooo bad. Broadside shot standing still, the problem was I was so bundled up from the cold of laying on the ground my gun wasn't back to my shoulder good. Even bloodied my nose with the scope as the kick came back, haven't done that in years, figure with all the clothes on it raised too and I musta shot over him. We watched that buck for 10 full minutes before I shot and I had a good rest, just goofed it up.. Learned alot from the changed tactics to get that shot though and I'll be using that knowledge of where he likes to go in the future.

Now here is the kicker my Bro In Law shot at the Exact same time that night on another farm and we never heard his shot only 1/4 mile apart. His shot with his 80 year old Dad standing beside him is the Best Father Son memory ever!!! They always hunted together for fowl and upland birds but Dad never deer hunted this night he Finally decided to go. Bro In Law took a 200 inch,17 pointer with tines that forked on the G3's on both sides up about 8 inches then 5 to 6 inch forks. I'll post a pic of the deer when I get time, its swamped at work and Krazy here right now. Wife and a kiddo sick. Yes this was the Buck of a lifetime though for them and I'm Glad I missed if that is what gave them the ghost of Mr. Big. That makes my cousins 140 incher, his nephews, my other cousins and my kiddo's and Mr. 200 all from the same farm in one season.. Its going Great so far and my spirits are Great, looking forward to my next chance at the stand.

Me I'm counting down till Thursday as I'll be in a stand with my Bow once again!!! Gonna get me a muzzleloader for next season to keep it going longer, but we do have another doe season with rifle coming up too. Good Luck to You guys up north with the rest of the Great deer season 08!!!! I'll be around when I can, work is going to cover me up till around Christmas though..