Man you guys are at a fever pitch.I sincerely wish you all the very best of luck and success this weekend.
Grizzly Bill,the Siamese Mauser was a success after I got all of the bugs worked out.Only problem was that it was so bulky and heavy that it would have been delegated to just being a range rifle and that's not what I was after.It was accurate and with my handloads I could hit a golf ball at 100 yards.I had a gent make me an offer I couldn't refuse and it now resides in California.I still get great accuracy out of the Handi rifle in 45/70 and in fact just got new glasses on that critter.I'm now after a Marlin guide gun in 45/70 unported.
I did recently add another Handi rifle to the group.It's a Talo edition "Trapper" in .44 magnum with an 18" barrel.Still getting it sorted out but it is doing great.It's a neat little rifle with plenty of punch and is a neat "mate" to the Ruger super Redhawk pistol that I'm deer hunting with mostly.
I'm considering cleaning a bunch of rifles out and just get a Contender G2 with several barrels.One of course would be in 45/70.
Welcome to all the new posters.Chickenbuck is a fun place to be.One day I hope to get up there for a visit.Meanwhile I wear my Chickenbuck hat when hunting here in South Carolina.I recommend that all of the readers here get Dave to order you hats.They are neat.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 11/04/10.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.