I don't doubt you've seen some real monster pike net testing some of those lakes. I commented something to the effect of "don't flame me" for cooking that 43 incher... and that goes right along with your comments here, we ate that one without thinking twice about it, she was just a baby fish compared to some of the true big ones out in those lakes. Common, "good eater" grin

I think we'll drag a canoe over to turtle just to the east & try to get some of those lonely hogs to bite on artificial lures.

Hey Dpole, what's with the snapping turtles? Is there a certain time of year that they become extremely active & visible?

Last time I was in there was about ... same time I guess, 4th of july weekend. Anyways, snapping turtles, everywhere!! Huge!!

We couldn't leave stringers out because they would come in & shred the fish off the stringers, we caught one big snapper on a dead bait rig set for northern, that was interesting..... then we walked into turtle lake & we had snapping turtles following up artificial lures cast from shore.

then we stop in tower on the way out, heading back home. We stop to drop off a canoe I had borrowed & my friends mom is a nurse in Virginia, she tells us over the weekend they had a lady in the ER that was wake boarding, water skiing or something like that out in the lake in deep water & she had a very large snapper chomp her leg & try to pull her to the bottom. Leg was all tore up.

Any of that make any sense to you? did we just have a crazy turtle weekend or ?

Something clever here.