Originally Posted by rflshtr
I think it is a difficult lake to fish unless you really know it well. Lots of structure that does not show on many maps. I have fished it with my friend for over twenty years off and on and still do not know it. Glad we found the guy to help out.

The Chippewa Flowage is like that for me. It's my favorite lake to fish, period! Your chance at a 30" walleye, 6# smallie, 4# largemouth, and 45# musky are there with every cast. Not to mention the panfish for the fish fry. But as far as catching walleyes consistently, it's a tough cookie for me. A ton of guys can catch the all day, every day, no questions asked.

I can get you fish, and probably get your daily limit, but man it's not as fast as some guys on that lake. I think I'll have a great day out there and and someone will say "oh hell we had that by 7am. We had 34 fish today." Part of the fun for me though is the "hunt" and figuring them out.

Girzzly Bill and I fished it together a few times when I had a camper out there. We had a blast chasing crappies and walleyes. His eyes got as big as saucers in one particular warm by when a 40+" musky chased his crappie up to the boat. smile

Camp is where you make it.