Northern Dave,
My father also purchased a nice plot of hunting land and it has been really fun trying to add modern convenience and functionality to our 20x30 cabin. Not having electricity or running water adds something to our time there. I did not read all of the posts but thought i could add this about a toilet. For an everyday toilet without having running water my father harnessed the water from an Indian spring that runs next to our cabin. By catching come of the water in a 4 inch flexible drainage hose that runs down a hill to the cabin. At the end of the PVC there is a plastic piece that narrows the 4 inch PVC and allows a normal garden hose to be attached. The garden hose then go through a splitter where the water can be sent to two garden hoses. We have one connected to the kitchen sink and one connected to the toilet. It doesn�t give a ton of pressure but enough for the toilet to fill every 10 mins or about a gallon of water out the sink every 3-4 mins depending on last rain. For the toilet, my dad took a standard car gas tank and drilled about 20-1 inch holes in it and buried it a few feet under to use as a septic tank. I can get the exact details for anyone interested but it works great! a working toilet is a must have to get most women to fully enjoy the outdoors. we have been using the toilet for about for years and have had no problems. A neighbor that help install has been using the same set up for twice as long. When the spring isn�t running you must fill the back of the toilet manually tho. we have a 250 gallon tub that is usually filled from the spring that we use in that situation.