yeah I'm back out of the woods for a couple of days. hair on my face is a little nonger... muscles are sore from walking in da voods & climbing trees & such... back sore from sitting in stands with bad sitting positions.... but I'm ready to get back out there right now.

Ole fork toes is still hanging around out there leaving his heavy tracks all over the place... I think I jumped him north of the cabin sunday morning in the dark on my way to the "porypine stand".. sounded like a bull moose plowing brush with his horns... jeesh i hope I get to put my eyes on that guy.

We still have 2 weekends of rifle hunting to go, then black powder!!!

I'll catch up on sleep for a couple of days here & I expect i'll be back out there on thursday night probably by myself, i'll hunt friday & I expect my uncle & the boy to show up late friday night as the boy has a football game on friday.

I'll see what i can do about that smiling like heck picture with the meatpole full, we have time yet, things can change in a hurry.

that's a damn fine buck Jim, and a great story. Yeah me & ole "Uncle D" sat up & put away quite a few of them beers friday night!! Had a lot of fun just shooting the breeze & talking about stuff.

My cousin came to topic a few times, it was a good talk. My uncle said at one point during the night as we filled the kitchen table with empties "you know, there's just one guy missing here."

I told him i knew it too. Also told him I was just so greatful that I had the company of that missing hunters dad and son, told him I know there is nothing we can do about him being gone but I was just so glad for what I had in the way of his father & his son to share deer hunting with.

We had a real good time.

Dave

Something clever here.