Your getting closer Dave! Now is the time to break out the rutty buck arsenol. The rattle horns, the snort/wheeze grunt call, the hot doe scent, the tarsal gland scent etc. I'm guessin forky toes is the dominant buck in the area and isn't going to take kindly to a challenge. Throw the book at 'em and don't be quiet about it. Grunt like heck, rattle, rake trees, snort/wheeze.....Basically pretend like your back on leave from the Marines! grin

This worked for me a once with a big old rutty swamp buck. I went nuts with the rattling and grunting for as long as I could with a couple minute break inbetween sequences. This buck came out of the swampy thick stuff where he holed up so mad that he stopped and literally shredded a 5 foot pine tree. When he was done with that he stepped broadside and bang flop. Or you can try the tag team approach. Have someone rattle for you or you for them. Place them off in such a way that you might be able to intercept him as he's circling downwind for a looksy at the intruder(s). He might just get so PO'd that he just bum rushes in also but if he's with a hot doe, he will stick with her. She just might come to the fight to distract him and get him off her back for awhile. (no pun intended) At any rate, its worth a try.

Last edited by Rooster7; 11/17/08.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...