Originally Posted by tzone
Well,

the house should have a sign in the yard today. We signed the contract with the realtor last night. We have several houses that we like, one that Betsy LOVES.

I'm all stressed out, can't sleep. I think all this moving stuff is finally catching up to me. I would feel a lot better if I had a job to go to as well, but so far...nuthin'.

Yesterday after the kids went to bed, I went for a drive. The kind you need when you're all worked up. roll the windows down, turn up the motley crew, and just drive.

Tom (& Muffy too),

Good things happen to/for good people.

In July of 2005, my wife & I sold our business in Queensland, Australia.

Sold everything else too, 'cept our home (rented it out) & by November, we were winging it to Canada, on a family 6 month tourist visa, with the intention of staying. My brother, his wife & kids were all in Canada & it was an excellent opportunity to let the cousins grow up together. Something that's very close to our hearts.

Arrived here & immediately set about looking for work.

Things were very tough (forestry/mill town), but managed to find a fit & got a really good job offer. Yeah........., but:

Had to apply to the Govt, so the business could employ a "foreign worker" over a local, compounded by serious mill lay offs & high regional unemployment.

To cut a long story short, 9 months later, yes had to also reapply for an extension of our tourist visas, I was granted a 3 year temporary work permit, that let my family & I stay + school for the kids, etc.

Lots of prayer & soul searching, but all worth it in the end.

As soon as the temp work permit was issued, we started our application for Landed Immigrant status. Another 18 months & that was done. Another quick trip, down Dave's way (MN), to cross the border & re-enter.

Whoa, now we're here for good.

Keep at it & keep trusting !!

IT WILL HAPPEN !

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"