Originally Posted by Rooster7
This reminds me of the time my boys begged and begged for me to take them fishing in the boat. I was happy that they were finally showing interest so one beautiful summer day I took off work and got some things done around home in the morning. About 11:00 I made the boys and I a big lunch, sammiches, chips, assorted snacks, beverages...everything you would need for a great day on the water with your sons teaching them to fish from a boat. We went to a nearby lake and launched the boat at 11:30 or so. I had to pull the boat up to shore and run back and drive the truck and trailer to the parking area which is a ways away. Get back and start fishing and I let them use my rods while I rigged up their's. At about 11:47 they started asking if we were done yet and "can we go home now?" I said "boys we just started fishing...you just got your own rods to fish with....we......we havene't even had our lunch yet....nope...we are stayin out here longer than this!"

This is when the youngest one welled up in tears and put his head down on the opposite side of the steering counsel and said "This is offically the WORST day of my life!"

UP goes the trolling motor, ON goes the big motor and we head to shore to load 'er up for the day. I think we were home by 12:10.

The moral of the story is: Wait until they are ready.

grin

This is why I love the pontoon. It even has 2 live-wells, one for beer, one for fish or bait.....