Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tzone
Probably the same dudes that showed up to beer league softball with two batting gloves, eye black, new shiny cleats.... you know the cat.

This reminded me of the douchebag on this team we played against in league softball. He had the eye black on under his sun glasses, his hat on backwards and wore a NY Yankee jersey. (No one else on his team did)

He was constantly screaming and taunting. Even when he was up to bat he would scream chit at the pitcher. He was yelling at us that no one has ever thrown him out when he ran bases because he was so fast. Which was true. He was very fast...until he took off from 1st to 2nd on a short grounder that our pitcher scooped up and fired right into the side of his head when he was half way between the bases. DOWN GOES FRASIER! lol

We were ready for the brawl that was surely going to commence but his teammates were laughing just as hard as we were!

grin

In the late '70's we had a pretty intense intramural Navy league at Barber's Point NAS. There was a guy like that on one of the teams. Just an A number one a$$hole! We were playing them one afternoon and he was trying to score from second base on a hit to left field. I was playing third base and set up for the relay to home. As I took the throw and whirled to throw home, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "that sucker is either gonna be 'out' or 'out cold' ". The ball whizzed between his ear and his shoulder...I'm guessing it missed his ear by no more than inch and he flinched big time! grin

OUT! After the inning was over our catcher came up to me and asked with a smirk, "you were trying to hit that guy weren't you?" I just smiled.

The shortstop on our high school team (drafted right out of high school) was really good at turning double plays and used a side armed throw to first to get the runner to slide. In a game one afternoon, the runner going to second was a bit slow to slide and the ball nailed him right above the bill of his helmet. Out cold! The ball ended up going over the bleachers along the first base line. shocked

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.